定义 and 异常
- Faculty – All UE faculty, including those holding adjunct status.
- Staff – All UE administration and staff.
- Students – All UE students, including those classified as under研究生, 研究生, 全职, 兼职, 桥, 交换, and Fulbright.
- Vendors – Any personnel who comes onto campus to provide goods and services including speakers, entertainment, dining services, 管家, pest management, cable and laundry services, and all other contracted services.
- 访问ors – Any individuals visiting the campus including prospective students, 家庭, guests of community members, conference attendees, or anyone that participates in an event or activity on campus.
- Legal rights – Employers have a legal right to reduce or eliminate smoking and the use of tobacco products on their property. People who smoke do not have the right to violate an employer's tobacco-free environment policy.
- Smoking – A lighted cigar, 香烟, 管, or other lighted smoking devices carried by a person including electronic smoking devices and/or electronic nicotine delivery systems, such as e-香烟 products.
- Tobacco – Tobacco is defined as all tobacco-derived or containing products, including and not limited to, 香烟(e.g., 丁香, 比迪烟, flavored 香烟s, 丁香口味), electronic 香烟s, cigars and cigarillos, hookah smoked products, 管s and oral tobacco (e.g., spit and spit-less smokeless chew, snuff, and dissolvable tobacco products) and nasal tobacco. It also includes any product intended to mimic tobacco products, contain tobacco flavoring or deliver nicotine. This does not include cessation products specifically approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Electronic Smoking Device (Also known as an electronic nicotine delivery system) – Any product containing or delivering nicotine or any other substance intended for human consumption that can be used by a person to simulate smoking though inhalation of vapor or aerosol from the product. The term includes any such device, whether they are manufactured, 分布式, 销售, or sold as an e-香烟, e-cigar, e-管, e-hookah, 或vape笔, or under any other product name or descriptor.
- 校园 or Grounds – The use of these terms represents any and all properties owned or leased by the University.
Tobacco use may be permitted for the following reasons:
- For controlled research with prior approval of the Institutional Research Board and the review and recommendation of the Office of Risk and Environmental Management.
- For religious ceremonial purposes with prior approval of the Office of Religious Life and the review and recommendation of the Office of Risk and Environmental Management.